I am always overwhelmed with gratitude after a big grocery shopping trip. It amazes me how God has given us so much delicious food. Saturday afternoon, I was washing fresh blueberries and strawberries. We just bought them at Costco, so I had about ten million pounds of each. As I was washing them, Addison kept coming back with her little bowl for more blueberries. She would then promptly go and sit in her chair to eat her treat. Henry discovered what she was doing and came over to share in the treasure. Much to his annoyance, and mine as well, she refused to share. "But Addison," I said. "I have tons of blueberries! I will give you as many as you want. Just give your brother one!" She refused. She wanted them for herself. "Okay, sister, if you don't share the ones you have, I'm not going to give you anymore. If you do share, then I will give you more." But she still wouldn't share.
That is when the Lord stepped in.
Are not your things like her blueberries? I have tons of blueberries, if you will just share with your brothers and sisters, then I will give you more. If you don't, then I won't put more in your bowl.
It is amazing how much like a two year old I can be. Just share, the Lord sighs, just share.
No comments:
Post a Comment