Friday, September 26, 2008

Things I Thought

I was thinking the other day how cute I was before I had children. As I was getting ready to quit my job and have Addison, I thought for sure that I would suddenly turn into this crazy homemaker. For one thing, I thought I would bake. I pictured my kitchen filled with the smells of fresh baked breads and cookies. Instead, it is mostly filled with the smell of day old dishes. I thought for sure I would make a nutritious meal every night for my family (only the best, right)? Ask Andy how that one is working out! I also thought I would always have laundry done, always have the floors vacuumed, the beds made and sheets changed on a very strict weekly basis, scrubbed kitchen and bathroom floors. Yeah, I had great expectations.
Little did I know that my days would be filled with playing plah-doh, sitting and doing peek-a-boo, singing, painting, reading endless numbers of books, and doing whatever else these little people can think up.
Oh well, so my house isn't perfect.

1 comment:

Rae Nolt said...

Your kids will never forget those moments of you playing with them! They will not remember clean floors or a clean kitchen! You are doing a wonderful job...Love you!