Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big Trip: Day One

We weren't even five miles from home and the kids had already eaten two pop tarts, a bunch of grapes, and half of a block of cheese. I learned a very important lesson: never, ever under any circumstance, ever give Henry a pop tart in the car. The child was covered in the sticky goo they call "strawberry." Literally, we had to stop so I could take him in a bathroom to wash his hands, feet (yes feet) and face. Oh my, this is going to be a long road trip! 
We are on our way to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where we will spend a luxuries seven days on the beach with Andy's entire family. Tonight, however is not so luxuries. We are at La Quinta hotel right outside of Toledo, Ohio. Might I add, no pool. We only drove five hours today, which was very uneventful. I started a new book, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I also was on snack patrol, movie controller, and toy distributor. While Andy was the official navigator and driver extraordinaire. The kids were really content. 
Tomorrow, it is on to Washington DC for two nights. I am really excited to see the nation's capitol, I've never been there before! 

No comments: