It is Thanksgiving Eve and the apple pies are baking in the oven while Andy and I watch Sufjan Stevens on t.v. The kids are cozily sleeping in their beds. Truly, how could I ask for more? This has been quite a year for our family, in reflection we have much to be grateful for. First and foremost, we have beautiful, healthy children. Addison is so funny and smart, and as of late I have noticed she has a peacemaking spirit about her. She is amazing. Henry is my little love-bug. He is so sensitive and sweet. His unsolicited kisses never ever grow old, even with a runny nose. He is absolutely adorable. Now we have another baby coming. I am thankful that I can dream about who this baby will be and the distinct personality it will have. Unbelievable. Then there is my ever-understanding husband. I know where my son gets his sweetness and sensitivity from. He is my best friend and I am thankful for him. He even loves me and listens to me in the midst of these crazy, irrational pregnancy moods.
As I sit here, I also think about the beautiful home we have to live in. Andy's job. Our extended family knows and loves the Lord. Our friends.
How could we ask for more?
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment