But this one is different.
I was in this huge building where all the people there were supposed to be doing this scavenger hunt. I did not want to play, so I began to wonder around the building. When I entered this new room, right before me was a huge red dragon. He quickly grabbed me in his strong claws. I fought really hard but could not get away.
Finally, after fighting for a while I got away. Frantically, I tried to run and hide in different rooms. Everywhere I went I could hear him saying in his creepy, husky voice "she isn't going to get away from me." I finally found other people in a room. They began to tell me that I had to confront the dragon before he destroyed me everyone around me.
I did not want to confront the dragon. The people told me I had to figure out the secret to destroying him. As I walked down a dark hallway, the dragon appeared. As he caught me up in his claws I realized the secret to destroying him.
He was shame and grace would destroy him.
I yelled, "shame, I defeat you with grace."
As I woke up, I had a strong sense that the Lord was trying to teach me something.
At the root of all the anxiety, insecurity, and depression I so often struggle with is shame. The dragon trying to destroy me is shame. I need to confront it.
Kill it with God's grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment