As I sit here tonight, the baby is kicking like crazy as my other two sleep upstairs. Andy is gone for guys small group, and I am just enjoying the quiet. It seems like there is so much I want to write about, little things that I say, "I've got to blog about that later." But by the time later comes, I am too tired or distracted to sit and write. Oh well, I suppose I should give myself a little bit of grace as I just keep getting larger and more tired by the day.
We went to Michigan last week to visit my family. It was a really nice, relaxing trip. Addison's favorite part was "going on a date with grandma to Starbucks." Which, may I add she was firm about not wanting Henry or I to tag along. "I need some alone time with grandma, mommy." According to Henry, his favorite part was "grandpa." But I think his other favorite part was the opportunity to share in his life's greatest passion with someone else who can fully appreciate it: going to the mall. Every single morning the first words out of his mouth were: "mall. grandma. walk." Seriously, he said it about a million times this week. Grandma, unable to resist his pleading, took him to the mall to walk everyday.
We also had fun playing with the cousins and just hanging out. Addison was pretty insistent that she would be fine if we just dropped her off with Payton and Ella. Personally, my favorite part was just being with my family.
Andy drove up with us last Saturday and then took the train home on Monday. So Friday morning, the kids and I headed out on our own for the drive back. When I say on our own, I also mean without Dora, Curious George, or any of our other little entertaining friends. No DVD player, just like the olden days. I was a bit apprehensive to drive alone without the assistance of these characters, but the kids were so well behaved and delightful we barely missed them. (Sorry, George).
As we drove through the city, Henry was totally mesmerized by the trains and Addison enjoyed pretty much everything else around her. As we approached the loop (sitting in traffic) she yelled out, "what do we do when we drive in the city? We pray!" It warmed my heart that she reminded me of the tradition that started in college. So we prayed, Henry even let out an "amen" at the end. After we prayed, Addison informed me that when she grows up she is going to live in an apartment in the city. "You and daddy can come and visit whenever you want," she sweetly included.
That about sums up our last few weeks. Eventful and yet totally uneventful at the same time.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment