Henry turned two yesterday! Yikes, how is my little guy already two? He seemed pretty excited about his birthday, when we told him it was his birthday he would do his adorable, "woohoo." The day started off with daddy going in to get him out of bed. Andy wished him a "happy birthday, buddy." In response, Henry said, "mall? Mall?" Yes, my two year old's greatest desire for his birthday was to go to the mall and "walk." A little while later, Addison came downstairs and wished her brother a "happy birthday." and then added, "hmmm," as she did her trademark tap to her lip as she thinks very intently, "I wonder what I should wear today for Henry's birthday." Oh three year old decisions.
Much to Henry's disappointment, we couldn't just go immediately to the mall. Instead, we had to eat and get ready. If we truly could just go in our pajamas, but I don't think that would be socially acceptable. The little guy sat outside my bathroom reading a book, with every step of me getting ready was over, he would look up and say, "done?" "No, I need to dry my hair." When that was completed, "done?" "No, Henry, I need to do my makeup." He continued this until we literally pulled in to the mall parking lot.
Addison was really cute about the present she wanted to buy Henry. The night before, she told me she knew the "perfect gift." "A Buzz Lightyear doll, mommy. I think he would love that." While we were at the mall, we went in to the Disney store for her to find a Buzz. As we were looking around the store, she walked right up to the salesclerk and said, "excuse me. I'm looking for a Buzz doll for my brother Henry's birthday. Do you happen to have any?" I must add that she was right, the Buzz is without a doubt Henry's favorite present.
The day was pretty uneventful after that. We had homemade pizza and then had family over for cake. He was thrilled with his presents and excited to have all the attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment