Well, hello there! I know this may come as a surprise, seeing it has been about 14 months since I last updated this blog. As thoughts of abandoning this blog swirled through my head, I decided to read some old posts. I had completely forgotten a lot of things written, those things I thought at the time I would remember forever. Thankfully, those sweet memories of my kids remain here.
As the Burns' family rounds a new corner in this life, I thought it would be a good time to start blogging. So, to my faithful readers (Lindsey), I'm back!
Tonight is the very first "school night" in the Burns' home. My emotions are all over the place about my little girl going to school. We went to kindergarten orientation this morning and I must say, it was overwhelming, to say the least. I'm worried about not having her with me all the time. Her walking alone into school. Her being one of 23 children. Little does Addison know, I'm freaking out!
Henry has also hit a wonderful milestone this week: he is potty trained!!! This guy has done unbelievably well. At first, he cried and cried that he didn't want to wear "panties," we soon got him in his undies and clarified with him that boys do not wear panties but "underwear." With a bribe over a dragon, he hasn't turned back. We started last Wednesday and one week later, I am happy to report we haven't even had an accident since Saturday! I don't know if there is anything cuter than walking past the bathroom and him standing there peeing with his "gun."
My little Finn (who has only made one appearance in this blog, don't worry, this little man could fill up days and days of posts!) is getting so big. While Henry is our "bear" Finley is our "monkey." This baby has been the most perfect little baby in the world. He is happy and content (unless he is hungry!). He started crawling at about 5 and a half months and was walking at 9 and a half. He is now the most experienced and talented climber in the house! He finally is sleeping through the night, much to our joy.
So my three goals for this summer have been completed: Get Henry potty trained; wean Finn; and get Addison ready for school. Now it is on to the next chapter...
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay - you're back! i've missed you!! :)
Post a Comment