It has been almost six weeks since our peanut was born. Finley Andrew weighed 6'8 and was 19.5 inches. The first thing we heard when he was born was, "we've got a red head!" I was really nervous about his delivery, but the day he was born the Lord gave me a verse that said, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him." I must say, His presence was extrodinaily there when Finley was born. His peace and presence made the c-section one that I will back on with thankfulness and joy.
Oh my, this baby is more than cute (I know I'm partial!). He is beautiful. I was instantly in love with his red hair, and am sad each day as it falls out even more. I keep examining his bald little head hoping to see if the red hair is returning. So far, he has been exceptionally easy. He never had any problems nursing and sleeps like a hibernating cub.
He smiled for the first time at Andy and then Addison last week. Addison was thrilled and now says that he smiles at her all the time. Her favorite part of that day, she says, is when Finn smiled at her. She enjoys reading to him, turning on the music in his bouncy seat, and dancing for him. Henry adores Finn as well (not a big surprise!). He constantly wants to "hold her" (he has only ever really been around girl babies, we've tried to correct it but it is still what he says). When someone else is holding him, he gets really upset. I love how he talks in a high pitch voice to Finley. These are the things I hope I never forget.
Everyone asks if going from two to three has been a hard adjustment. I can hardly believe how easy it has been. Finn has brought a sense of completion to our family, and it has been nothing but ease and joy. Not only am I in love with Finley, but I am even more in love with my other children and with Andy since his birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment