My cute little house is officially on the market. There is even a "For Sale" sign in the upstairs window. Every time I see it, I can't help but be taken aback. Why is there a picture of some man in my child's window? My house has never been so clean and organized. I never knew it could be this nice nor did I know how much work it would take to keep it this nice.
Many people are asking us why we are selling. Most assume it is because we want to get a bigger place, "move up" so to speak. But that is not the reason. Some how the hard economic times have hit us pretty hard. We aren't able to refinance because our home is worth less than what we owe on it. So basically, we will be taking a financial piece of this house wherever we go. We won't be able to forget even if we wanted to!
The most amazing part is the amount of peace and joy we have through all of this. God promises to take care of us. He reminded me the other day when I was feeling sad about losing the house. He told me that He has better things for this family. This world is only temporary and it is really not our home. Our home is to come. For now we will trust and see how much He will take care of us.
Serving God is truly an adventure.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying that your house will sell! I'll be praying for you! :)
Post a Comment