Sunday, March 15, 2009

Too Cool

We saw them in the parking lot. 
They strolled out of their mom's mini-van, wearing their skinny jeans and cool sunglasses. They were hot, and they knew it. 
As they sauntered into Old Navy, I clumsily tried to get the two kid stroller up that ridiculously high curb.  As we entered the store, Addison was yelling something as Henry was crying to be held. Yes, the entire store knew we had arrived. 
Skipping over the new and full price sections, we headed straight to the clearance section. First, the kids stuff and then I decided to splurge and look at the girl's section. As Andy waited with the kids near the front, I skimmed the racks as fast as possible. 
That is when I noticed. The very shirt I was wearing was on clearance for $6. Oh my gosh, I was wearing a shirt from the clearance section. 
As I made this discovery, I made eye contact with one of the teenage girls (you know, the ones that were in their mom's mini-van). I glanced at what she had in her hands as she looked at me. She realized she had the shirt in her hands. I tried to be casual and walk past her. As I looked back, I saw cool girl quickly put the shirt back. 
Crap. I thought I looked good in that shirt. 

No comments: