Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big Changes

I haven't written much about little Henry bear lately, but I must say there has been many changes with our sweet little guy. Suddenly, the little baby in our lives is turning into a toddler. He is so sweet, always wearing a huge, toothy grin (unless mommy, daddy, or Addison aren't in sight). He is constantly growling, yelling "hey", or asking for "onemore" (always some sort of snack). He has a love for any form of transportation, his favorite being airplanes. 
He also loves to sleep with mommy. With that said, we have decided it is officially time to wean and get this little man sleeping on his own. I have put it off for a long time now, knowing that this would not be a pretty thing. We are into week two of wean/get Henry to sleep, and I must say he is doing much better than I anticipated. Last night he only woke up once, which is remarkable considering two weeks ago he was up about five times a night. Nap time he is sleeping and only waking up about twice during a 2 hour cycle. With those two nursings out, I only have morning nursing to go. He isn't going to be happy about this, but I think we may just survive. 
This week it has really hit me that my baby isn't really a baby anymore. It makes me really sad, but also very excited to see this little boy transforming before us. Oh how the Lord has blessed us with this little guy.

No comments: