Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Open Letter to Winter

Dear Winter, 
I am writing this letter to kindly ask you to leave. I know, we loved you at first. You dazzled us with your beauty in the beginning. We enjoyed putting on our big coats, boots, hats, and gloves. We found it cozy to be in our warm home as the snow fell outside. You made us want to eat big, warm meals. It was fabulous. 
And then your friends arrived. Winter blues, runny noses, fevers, ear infections, the stomach flu. Why, why, why do you do this to us? We would love you if you just stayed the way you were in November. But now you are a guest that has overstayed your welcome. 
Don't worry, in November we will be excited to see you again. 

2 comments:

sarah :) said...

Oh man, I can relate to this letter!! Thanks for sharing - come on Spring!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute letter!