Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wow, Ten Months!

So, I have come to term with the fact that I am a "mommy blogger." My most favorite blogs kind of make fun of mommy bloggers. Apparently, it isn't the hip thing to be. I've been thinking about what else I could blog about, but I realized my life is a mommy right now. So that is what I have to write about. Maybe one day I will have something super profound to say, but for now I will stick with silly conversations and other baby stuff.
With that said, Henry is ten months old today! What a ten months it has been. It seems crazy to think that our little guy hasn't always been around, what was life like without him? Who was Addison's biggest fan before him? Who did she have to push around and antagonize?
This last month Henry has really made a turn and seems so much bigger. He is scooting around, still refusing to go on his belly. Most of the time he wants to hold my hand and walk around, typically following his sister. He also has decided he no longer wants baby food. I know he is saying, "but mom, I'm not a baby anymore." So chicken, cheese, pancakes, crackers, and anything from mom's plate are the foods of choice.
He is also talking a lot. He usually just babbles but will say "mama," "dada," and our personal favorite, "uh-oh." The first time he said uh-oh was when Addison took his toy from him. She looked at me with a look of pure shock and said, "what did he say, mommy?" She started laughing and said, "say it again, Henry."
He still refuses to sleep alone. He prefers being snuggled in between mommy and daddy, after all it is cozier. Each time we try and break him of this, he cries "foul" and gets an ear infection. Once these are cleared up, our little man is going to move into his own bed.
As Addison told papa yesterday, "I like my brother," we are all big fans of Henry Bear.

No comments: