For those of you who don't know, Henry has never been much of a sleeper. Typically, bedtime consisted of Andy (or sometimes me) patting Henry's little booty for a good hour. In the middle of the night, he generally wakes up two to three times, which requires about an hour at least of more patting. Nap time, I would pat him, with my head resting on the top bar of the crib as my right arm fell asleep and finally went numb.
With that said, sleep has never been something we looked forward to with the little bear.
Friday afternoon, Andy announced that "enough is enough. We have to let this little man cry it out." Certainly, we were going to be up all night. This was NOT a good idea. Or so I thought. Andy laid him down while I went to Target so I didn't have to listen to him cry. He called me thirty minutes later, the boy was asleep!!! Essentially, he fell asleep faster crying than when we sit and pat him. He woke up once in the middle of the night, cried for ten minutes, and fell back asleep. Nap time was the same story. Today's nap time it took him only ten minutes to fall asleep! I am so proud of this little guy, and I must say if I would had known this would be so easy, I would had done it a long time ago!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment