Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shaken baby syndrome

Apparently Addison has never heard of shaken baby syndrome. She finds shaking Henry in his swing, bouncy, or floor mat (whatever she can actually touch and shake with the baby in it) to be one of the most fun things to do right now. At first I freaked out and punished her for this. But now I am realizing that she may be doing it for my reaction, so I calmly walk over to her and say, "you have to be gentle with the baby," while inside I am screaming at her to stop. This hasn't worked either.
I have no idea what to do. It is so frustrating for me that in the moment I have said some pretty crazy things. For instance, the other day as poor Henry is about to go flying from his swing, I ran over and yelled, "what are you thinking?!" Yes, I asked a one year old what she was thinking. Another time I said, "that's it! You are grounded!" Desperation.
Henry, I give you permission to get her back one day!

1 comment:

brian said...

Pamela
As usual, I am so proud of you. Iread every line of every entry. Thank you for turning me on to your site. After reading this, I came to the conclusion that you express yourself in words as few people do. You have found your voice. Now, run with it and enjoy all of the rewards. By the way, what did Addison think of her tee shirt? Love you,
Dad